Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Beat the Winter Woes" 10 Week Body Transformation Challenge - How does it work?

Well the New Year Body Transformation ends this Saturday.  I hope you are working hard to send in your final results.  If you've achieved all of your goals - fantastic work.  If you are still on your journey, then it time to take a weeks breather, reflect and re-evaluate, then dig deep and plan the next steps. I'm starting a new challenge, and I'd love to have you on board.  I would also love to have guest posts from those in the top three, or anyone for that matter, to share on this blog about tips that you have to share.  Bash out a few words and email me.  I'll do the rest.

For those who are reading this for the first time - here is an introduction to my world of Body Transformation Challenges.

What is a Body Transformation Challenge?  Firstly, lets talk about what its not.  Its NOT about weight loss.  Weight on the scales is a fickle mindless figure that tells you very little about how your body is changing as a result of good nutrition and exercise.  It is possible to lose NO weight at all, and completely transform the way you look.  Because if you do it right, you will lose body fat (the wobbly stuff we all hate) gain muscle (the nice firm toned looking stuff) which just happens to weigh more and look fantastic.
Check out this before and after:


She gained weight - but I know which body I would rather have, and I'll bet you would too.

So we take measurements with a tape measure, (as well as weight) and I'll calculate for you any changes in body fat, so that you know how you are going.  Ask anyone who's done a challenge before and they'll tell you how upsetting it is on one hand to see no result on the scales - usually the point where you give up, and on the other hand how amazing and motivating it is when they take their measurements and realise there have actually been great changes - the scales just didn't share them with them.

You can follow your own plan, or follow the advice I post here about how to build muscle, burn fat and eat well, or arrange for a 1:1 consult where we can talk it through together.  But each week, you must pay the piper by sending me your measurements.  This helps by making you think twice about deviating from your plans or giving up - because you know someone is expecting something from you, and someone is going to be looking carefully at what you have achieved.  Don't worry - I'm never nasty - but if you need some tough mother love, you might get it from me!


Starting on May 4th,  the Beat the Winter Woes  10 week BodyTransformation Challenge is starting.  Its available to anyone anywhere in the world and can be done for as little as $10. Have you said that this year you are going to lose weight/improve your eating habits, or just finish the job you started? Then put your money where your mouth is and sign up now. What the challenge does is make a commitment on your behalf to weigh in/measure up weekly and have someone else (me) analyse your results. It makes you accountable. Yes, I run a bit of a leader board for extra motivation, but its all about commitment and sharing your experiences with other people in the same headspace.  (The leader board, or any other communication, never shares your weight or measurements, just what % of body fat you have lost for the week if you are in the top 3 - its very non-threatening)

Here is how it runs.

Message me any way you like (facebook, this blog, email, sms) to register your interest and indicate which method you will be using, an email address. and a mobile phone number. You can pay by using paymate on this site, or paypal if you send me your paypal email address, or cash when you see me next.  The $10 is just a nominal admin fee, and will help to increase your commitment.

The method types this time are:
  1. Do It Your Own Way - Cost: $10 (I don't mind if you are doing Weight Watchers, Body Trim, whatever works for you - but you keep yourself accountable and motivated here)
  2. Personalised Fitness Assessment/Program Planning at the beginning of the 10 weeks to work out what you should be eating or design an individualised fitness program or ask all your burning questions about what you should or shouldn't be doing. - Cost $50 (can be done online or in Crystal Brook).
Plus you will get support through this website.

Then
I will send you a starter email with a table of all the measurements that are required and details about booking in for the fitness consults (Option 2).

Each week starting Sat May 4th, you email the table back to me with that weeks measurements. (Measurements received after Sunday 9.00 am will not be counted for that weeks leader board)

I will calculate your current body fat % and losses for that week and overall and return the email to you.

Each week I will post a leader board of the top three results for that week, plus the top three results overall.

I will try and post some info as often as possible along the way for motivation and encouragement,

In the end we see who has made the biggest transformation (ie lost the most body fat, (not weight) but of course everyone should be celebrating the gains (ahem losses) they have made!

That's it!  Its simple, fun and aimed to keep you on track.
So msg me now (or comment below)  for your spot - Only 40 places available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well and truly still on my journey so yes please, count me in for the next challenge Lisa.
Julie R.